Tips for the correct placement of plants in the interior
Despite its benefits for wellbeing or aesthetics, plants in Feng Shui are complicated to manage; they cannot be placed anywhere; they do not favor the whole world; In many opportunities, incorrect placement of plants can bring adverse results in Feng Shui
The interior plants bring considerable benefits that have been supported by reliable studies. According to these studies, they offer tranquility, a sense of peace, productivity, creativity, good humor, empathy and generosity. They are also a natural purifier of the environment; have the capacity to clean residual toxins that remain in our spaces; reduce levels of noise and pollutants
Many of these benefits fit within the virtues of plants in Feng Shui. Plants represent the element Wood that is associated with growth, discipline, strategy, benevolence, adaptability, better relationships, etc.
Where to place plants in Feng Shui?
When we use natural plants, we are representing the wood element in its pure form and therefore, it is more prone to reveal its effects. That is why we need to choose well the palace, sector or environment that houses the plants. The following tips help you choose the right site for your plants with little margin of error
Regardless of any indoor Feng Shui system, every building has a primary Qi pattern; This pattern, known as Luo Shu or Map of the Earth, allows you to divide your home into 9 palaces; Each palace is associated with different aspects of life and governed by a Qi of the 5 Elements. The Qi or star present in each Luo Shu palace, is the one that tells you how welcome the plants are in the environment
In this way and except for special circumstances, the Feng Shui plants can be used in the palaces where the wooden Qi is in harmony with the Qi of the resident star of the palace. So, we see how we can use plants in the southeast, east, south and north palaces.
- They are governed by the wooden stars 3 Jade and 4 Verde; in the cycle of the 5 elements, wood makes wood flourish; for that reason, the presence of plants in the east, favors the healthy growth of the children, the personal development; It grants creativity, competitiveness, lucidity, kindness and entrepreneurial ability, among other things. In the southeast, they reinforce the palace’s ability to provide intelligence, academic success, family harmony, romance and good relationships
- In the South Palace, he rules the fire star 9 Purple; the wood generates fire and, therefore, gives it vitality; the presence of plants in the south, promotes fertility, happiness, passion, fame and social status
- The Palace of the North, is governed by the water star 1 Blanca; the presence of plants in the north, stimulates romance and academic success mainly
Where should you not place the plants in Feng Shui?
According to the previous approach, the plants are not suitable in the palaces, center, northwest, southwest, northeast and west. As you can see, at the level of the primary energies of Feng Shui, 4 palaces support the placement of internal plants and 5 reject them
It is these 5 palaces, the wood of the plants, enters into antagonistic or conflicting interactions with the ruling stars; In Feng Shui, we seek harmony and therefore we avoid the elemental conflicts that result in Qi stagnation
- The Central Palace, is governed by the star of earth 5 Yellow; in the cycle of the 5 elements, the wood controls or damages the earth; the presence of plants in the central palace can affect the physical and emotional health of all inhabitants
- In the Southwestern Palace, the 2 Black earth star rules, also succumbs to the control of the wood; plants in the palace, can cause conflicts of couple, diminish the welfare of the wife or the mother of family
- The Palace of the Northeast, is governed by the star of earth 8 White that would be affected by the control of the wood; this can result in harm to children and decrease in their ability to learn
- Palaces Northwest and West, are governed by metal stars 6 White and 7 Red. The presence of plants, creates strong conflicts of Qi that can induce accidents, affect performance, professional and communication skills
However, in the application of Feng Shui, the “proportion” has an important weight; when I say that the palaces do not support plants, I mean large plants or in large quantities; a small plant, used to complement a harmonic or aesthetic cycle, will not do any harm
Other places to place plants in Feng Shui
At a more advanced level, there are other sites that support the placement of plants; however, the benevolence of plants in these sites depends on the pattern of Qi and you may require some expertise to add other elements when necessary
Plants for the Star 4 White Purple
In the Xuan Kong White Purple System, the star 4 Green has a leading role; is the literary star, of knowledge and academic success. It brings endless creativity, allows the generation of great ideas and especially supports students, academics, researchers or writers. So, if you feel you have deficiencies in these areas, you can identify the palace of the star 4 Purple White, activate it with frequent use and support it with natural plants
The position of the star 4 White Purple, depends on the direction of the seat of your building. This address is simply the opposite of the facade.
Which plants you can use indoors
There are many myths about plants banned by Feng Shui; really there are no such plants, but a certain preference for some, such as:
The lucky bamboos
Due to their vertical growth, they are considered symbols of longevity, nobility, flexibility and adaptation. The version in water, although it is not technically a bamboo, has the same attributes; it is ideal to support the star 4 Jade in the palace of the southeast and the star 4 White Purple in the palace that is located according to the previous table. You must avoid the twisted ones that do not at all symbolize the adequate growth. The large bamboo plant tends to be large and therefore suitable for those palaces that support large-scale plants
The jade plants
Associated with prosperity, it is also known as the money plant. It is appropriate to place in spaces where the presence of large plants is inconvenient
The orchids in pot
Beautiful and available in various colors, they absorb carbon dioxide and release oxygen during the night, being ideal for bedroom plants. They can be used for stars 1 and 4
The Pothos or Potos
Commonly known as “potus”, “pothos” or “potos” is a species of the Araceae family native to Southeast Asia and New Guinea. It is a great plant to eliminate carbon monoxide and suitable for forgotten corners or corners, where stagnant Qi tends to occur. They have the versatility to grow both in water and on land
The yellow chrysanthemums
They symbolize fluency; They are good conductors of the Qi and therefore, ideal for narrow spaces and near the front door.